How did creating your own origin myth help you better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditions, or natural events? In your response, describe the choices you made while developing your myth and explain the lesson, value, or human responsibility you wanted your story to communicate.
I understand why people created and still create origin myths. It's more than a story it's expression on what you think and your own fantasies. I think origin myths so human imagination and integration. Creating an imaginary story and incorporating your own culture into it. For my origin myth I thought of Point Nemo it's an point in one of the oceans on earth where apparently your closer to space than any land. The desolate nature of that seemed depressing to me enough to want to create something. So I decided I would have 3 animals trapped in endless ocean and darkness where the only thing they would want to do is create a things to end there boredom. This lead to them creating humans but then I was between the humans starting the main conflict or one of the animals starting it. So I decided to give Wolf a temper so that it would be easier to make him the one to cause the conflict. With the animals being godlike figures to the humans having them solve the problem with peace would give the humans a life lesson.
Summary: Creating my origin myth to add more details. It made me think more creatively than usual. I had a bit of a tough time adding details. Overall it was a productive day.
Reflection: I could've added more details. I should've asked my classmates for feedback to know what I could add. Expand more on the lesson of the story.
Comments
Post a Comment